Research at CESLAC is divided into five main areas of interest, listed below. Click on a topic to view some of our recent research in that area, chosen to provide the general public with an introduction to our work. To read more, check out the Media Reports page.
- Chronic diseases (diabetes, heart disease), communicable diseases (hepatitis A), sexually transmitted diseases, influence of culture and acculturation on health profile, obesity, tobacco use, preventive behaviors
Health Service Shortage
- Latino provider shortage, access to health insurance, hospital utilization, prevention services utilization
- Classified in two sections: Cultural History and History of Medicine in California
- The most up-to-date research on immigration issues
- Elderly, children, adolescents, women of child-bearing age, immigrants, farmworkers, the uninsured